Friday, July 10, 2009

Supply Chain News - Cool Tool

In my last blog entry I bemoaned my inability to figure out how to aggregate business news stories that were specific to supply chain issues. As I was comparing results from Bing (Microsoft's new search engine which is much better than I expected), Google , and Yahoo I ran across a news article from Silobreaker.com. I may be one of the last to discover it but the website was able to provide references to a number of articles that were relevant and did not appear in traditional searches.

The site has a number of topics from drop down lists. While I couldn't find supply chain management in the topic areas when I performed an initial search it suggested supply chain, supply chain management, and Supply Chain Logistics Corporation. When I searched on the one of the "keyphrases" I was presented with a pretty decent collection of current and relevant news.

If you are a student, an investor, or a manager this site might be very interesting to explore - I will.

From the site:

Silobreaker is an online search service for news and current events that delivers meaning and relevance beyond traditional search and aggregation engines. Its relational analysis and explanatory graphics provide users with unparalleled contextual insight into the news stories of the day.


More than a news aggregator, Silobreaker provides relevance by looking at the data it finds like a person does. It recognises people, companies, topics, places and keywords; understands how they relate to each other in the news flow, and puts them in context for the user. The graphical search results enables users to quickly and easily understand connections, trends and topics or navigate deeper into the most relevant stories for them. No other news search service provides such an extensive suite of contextual tools in the industry today.

No comments: